Monday, December 6, 2010

Fifteen Days: Day 4.santaz

Just Because it's Awesome
Today was the last time I will probably ever see my Censored! professor, Wendy Hewing.  There was a sadness all class period that loomed in the back of the room that kept us all very aware that this was it, the last class.  Our presentation was fantastic though; Jenny is a wonderful person to work with.

Secret Santa always stresses me out.  For no reason, really, it just makes me feel like I have to find the perfect gift because it’s the only one that that one person in your little circle of people is getting from anyone before heading back to the states.  That’s pressure, people!  Yikes!


Today:  I found it.  I found the perfect gift for my Secret Santa and boy did that feel good.  Then, just literal minutes afterward, I found the perfect gift for my grandpa!  Finding gifts for him is always tough because I like to think that he already has everything he needs and everything he wants—not an easy combination to work with when you’re getting people gifts.  However, this also means that my Christmas shopping is DONEZO!  Allllrrrriiiigggghhhhtt!


Some Photos from the Other Evening!

The walk back from Holborn was chilly beans today, guys.  Like, it was real cold when that sun went down around 4:30.  I was definitely ill-prepared…I didn’t even bring gloves!  Sloane Square is just so damn pretty when you’re walking through it at night though.  It makes that hour of walking so worth it when you see all the cool, blue lights waiting up in the trees and the neato trees all lit up in Duke of York Square.  Tomorrow: I will put up some pictures of them…I am really bad about bringing my camera with me during the day.  I think I am probs to protective of it.


I initially intended on seeing a show this evening, hence the walk back through Sloane Square.  I have been talking about Kin at the Royal Court Theatre for a while now, pretty much since I missed Tribes at the same venue.  (I have this mild obsession with the Royal Court after seeing Clybourne Park there in September.  That show was too good to pass up.  Also, it’s coming to New York next year!  Which means I can no longer say—soon, that is—‘never have I ever seen a Broadway show.’  Woot!)  Alas, no space.  Monday nights are the cheapest nights to go so I imagine that their £10 tickets go rather quickly throughout the day.  Dang!

Siblings
Well, it’s just as well, I suppose.  I got to enjoy a very leisurely dinner with the crew at My Old Dutch, the usually Monday night dinner place.  I had Chicken Curry for the third week in a row and it did not disappoint.  Good god.  I could eat that every day for every mean for the rest of my time here and I would not complain.  It’s quite tasty, I tell ya. 

Following dinner, I took a nap.  Let me tell you: night naps after food comas: good choice.

That’s about it today.  Tomorrow: Plays, Plays, Plays and some pictures of the beautiful Sloane Square.

LOVE.  PEACE.  TEA (otherwise known as fake coffee)

No comments:

Post a Comment