Sunday, December 12, 2010

Fifteen Days: Day 10.winterz

I mean, I just, I mean.

If you were in London, you would want your last weekend to be fairly epic, right?

Right.  Not actually a question. 

Well, maybe epic isn’t the correct word for this weekend, and maybe it’s not fair for me to call these last few days my last weekend in London.  Kelly and I were at a café studying on Saturday afternoon and Emily just happened to be working at the same place.  When four o’clock rolled around and the three of us were sick of working, we decided to pack it in and head back to the residence hall.  “This may sound cheesy,” said Emily, timidly clipping along a pace or so behind me, bashful that what she was about to say might cause some eye rolling or over-the-top sighs.  “I’ve been repeating that one quote over and over in my head.  You know, something about it not ‘being the end of a journey, but the beginning of an adventure’ or something like that.”  I’ll give it to Emily: it was really cheesy.  But she was right.  She was absolutely right.  There’s no reason to focus on this Saturday and Sunday being the last weekend in London because we’ll be back.  If we truly love this place and this life as much as we have said, we will be back.

I will be back.  Maybe even for grad school?  We’re working on it!

Last night, following our Secret Santa exchange, we all went out to the Winter Wonderland experience in Hyde Park.  Basically, it was like a miniature State Fair, complete with delicious, terribly unhealthy food, overpriced alcohol, nauseating rides, and crowds upon crowds of people.  In short: it was a blast.  Plus, there were Santa sculptures and miniature holiday scenes set up all over the park which allowed for some impressive holiday shots of Kelly, Steve, Izzy, and I.  Fun times, brothah!

So we rode the bus back to the Res Hall and decided that, hey, it’s London: let’s drink!  So we started playing a rousing round of King’s Cup on the corner of Kings Road.  I mean, not literally on the road, we weren’t that out of it.  But, you know, the hall is sort of on Kings…Sorry…bad pun/moment/whatever.  And then we played another round.  And maybe three?  Can’t remember, really.  Then we decided it would be a good idea to take our joy to a pub in Chelsea so we took off for the Queen’s Head near Sloane Square.  Unfortunately, it had closed by the time we arrived and we were very disheartened.  So disheartened that I broke my key.  Woops!  And no, Anastasia Scott/Michelle Wallin, it was not an intentional key snap like when I broke my pencil in 10th grade—six years ago, may I remind you—but a rather sad moment that was completely unwanted.  Sorry little key; I was never meant to keep you after all.

Right: Kelly and I walked on to the Tube Station because we wanted to go out instead of retreating.  So we walked.  We walked the whole block and a half (a long distance when you’re buzzing!) and realized that the tube was closed.  Wah wah.  So we decided to head back as well.  I am pretty sure we were heading back with the intention of going out when we returned, but somehow that didn’t happen.  Instead, we drunkenly bantered back and forth and then parted ways for the evening. 

Shortly after:  I accomplished my semester goal.  I SLEPT WITH IZZY BROWN, BROTHAH!!!  I mean: she fell asleep in my bed under my covers and I laid next her on top of the blanket.  Reportedly I only slept with my feet and head on my bed.  My torso was somehow off the bed.  I wonder if I am part bow as in ‘bow and arrow.’ 

Oh: and to answer those questions of yours: No, I was not involved with the riots here this week.  But!  I did get some pictures of the action!

Lastly: I got to have dinner with Tal tonight!  It was so awesome to see someone from home here in London.  Also, dinner was lovely and her friend, Chloe, was great. 

Starting book 11: Never Let Me Go by Kazuo Ishiguro.

In other news: double digit days start tonight in this series…I must be reaching the end of my journey.

“...I’d hoped you see my face and be reminded that for me: it isn’t over.” –Adele, in summarizing my feelings.

1 comment:

  1. 1. I request myself being in your blog on day 12. you know why? KE$HA. b!tch.
    2. who wants to leave this city? NO ONE.
    3. see you soon after like a month.
    =]

    ReplyDelete